Thursday 23 July 2020

My descriptive writing- The day I swapped my sister

There are ups and downs in life, one of the downs is my sister, Alexa. She always does the i-did-nothing-wrong-and-i’m-innocent face to get out of trouble, one time I tried and trust me, it ended badly, but one day, my best friend Nathan, came to play. When he finally can, he was holding something. Nathan was holding a lizard. “Can I trade you lizard for my sister,” I asked Nathan. Nathan was stared at me like I had two heads. I took that as a sign that he didn’t want to trade the lizard. A couple of seconds later the family dog, Woof, plummeted into the fountain. Water flew everywhere, in my face, In Nathan’s and in Alexa’s. “Fine, I’ll trade your sister, a.k.a Miss Annoying” Nathan replied and so Nathan took Alexa, who was gawping at the lizard. Soon Nathan left, taking Alexa with him. After a while, my parents came home, looking tired. As soon as they entered the house, mom called for my sister. “Alexa! I’m home!” Mom exclaimed.’ Uh oh,’ I thought to myself as they investigated each room. The suspense was nerve-racking as they inched closer to me. At last, mom asked “Where is your sister?” looking very angry, or happy, I couldn’t tell. My eyes darted around the room. “ I traded her for a lizard” I blurted sheepishly. Mom was now tapping her left foot impatiently, looking extremely angry. Dad was still sitting in the lounge, reading the newspaper. Knock! Knock! Some was knocking at the door! Mom launched her self towards the door. She opened the door, Nathan was standing on the steps, holding Alexa. ‘ Phew, danger averted’ I thought as mom and Nathan was chatting. Just as I thought Nathan was going, I heard:” Can we have Alexa back?”. I looked around, assuming that they were joking. I ushered the lizard towards the door, well I tried. A while later, I finally finished ushering the lizard. Unfortunately, it wasn’t Alexa with Nathan it was her sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment